21,998 downloads - November 30, 2015
We have switched to admin only, please email markwdilley@gmail if you would like to edit.
From Universal Edit Button
| The Universal Edit Button |
How many people downloaded the extension?
- We have added it to the site notice
- 24-June-2008: 1,876
- 22-June-2008: 1,092
Where is the source repository for the Firefox plug-in?
Is it free (libre) and open-source software?
- Firefox addons are interpreted. The plug-in has the source in it. (an xpi is essentially a zip archive). Bawolff 02:24, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
The icon - Is it free (libre)? Can it be changed? Are there higher resolutions?
Presumably the icon is licensed under Attribution-Share Alike 3.0, as with all of the content here.
Can it be changed from the link html? Given the numerous choices in the image here, and my own preference for the "WIKI" link, and perhaps a difference of icon when already editing the topic, it'd be 'nice' :) -- Anonymous
- The Firefox plug-in does not let you specify an icon via the link. Since the plug-in is free/open source, you can edit it and change the icon for your web browser. Each browser developer can use whatever icon they like, but part of the idea is that there be a standard icon (as with RSS feeds), so that users can get used to looking for it.
Where can we get higher resolution versions of the edit button image? --BrianKerr
Here's the highest resolution one i know of: --John Abbe 11:38, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
I'd like to contribute this svg source of a 'simpler/stylized' logo base (smaller sizes are rendered to png), ready for any semantic (editable/editing) improvement and cosmetic ajustment (gradients/reflections/gel/shadows) Lorenzo Pastrana
How do i get the UEB for my favorite web browser?
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
- (add your favorite browser here - list on Wikipedia)
There's a problem with my browser and the UEB, what can I do?
See if it's been reported at Bugs, and leave a report if not.
Original author of the icon?
I've uploaded the image to Wikimedia Commons, and created a Wikipedia userbox about the extension. One question: who created the original draft of the image we use? StevenWalling 03:53, 23 July 2008 (UTC)