21,998 downloads - November 30, 2015
We have switched to admin only, please email markwdilley@gmail if you would like to edit.
From Universal Edit Button
| The Universal Edit Button |
- Firefox extension needs updating, can you help?
- Join us in realtime: - irc.freenode.net, #UEB (irc://irc.freenode.net/ueb)
- Sign up on the email list:
Home run! Great slugging with that aswner!
The universal edit button is made visible to people browsing the web by a two step process:
- Website announces the availability of an edit page using the html <link> tag.
- Web browsers notice this tag and present an edit button in their location field.
Since the current FireFox extension seemed to be so somewhat abandoned and no one fixed the compatibility issues mentioned at Bugs, I went ahead and fixed it my self:
- fixed compatibility problems and conflicts with other extensions
- code cleanup
- removal of WikiHow references
- New icon graphic by Lorenzo Pastrana as suggested here
- Support for rel="edit" links
I'd volunteer to maintain the extension in the future and would try to submit it at addons.mozilla.org if the original author agrees. Just contact me at andi [at] splitbrain [dot] org.
- Upgrade the Browser with an add-on extension that implements the UEB.
- Opera has implemented a bookmarklet.
- There is a Chrome extension now.
How to add to a website
- See Add The Link.